Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Wedding Wednesday

One of my most memorable experiences this summer working for martha stewart was having the opportunity to assist with a Weddings photo shoot. Anything that has to do with invitations, jewelry, and gowns .. doesn't disappointment me :-) Along with my fellow intern, Jenny, our primary task was to create and produce the balloon banners you see hanging in this season's story, "A Return to Glamour." Though you only see one or two in the magazine, we created several of these ceiling-to-floor length banners that seemed larger than life...especially when Jenny and I had to haul them from 36th to 42nd street! So heavy and hilarious :-)

4 comments:

A Windy City Wedding said...

So can you give us the scoop?? How exactly do they pick which weddings to feature? Do they find the couple and then take over the design and production or does the couple still plan everything? I have always wondered how they find weddings to feature...
Such a fun job!!

jenny said...

Awwwww. Memories! Pretty sure I tripped when carrying that thing across Bryant Park. I am stealing this and blogging about it as well. Miss you!

Design-Shimmer said...

nice wedding photo ;)

Anonymous said...

What an awesome experience! I loved those banners and how fun to know that you created them!!!