Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Going forth

Each night as I reflect on my day and prepare a blog journal to share with the world, I have a decision to make "What do I want to write about next?" But as sore wrists and hectic schedules interrupt my nightly ritual I have paused to reexamine my purpose. I am inspired daily by my bookmarked blogs which pave the way for me to share my own design thoughts and finds, however, I feel a shift of focus is needed.Over the past few weeks, I have invested more time (and money) into furthering my photography education, thinking more seriously about moving in that career direction. I have also rented a violin and signed up for classes, with hope that I will be able to make more than a screeching noise. And finally, my pilot letterpress is sitting by the window - dusted off and ready to go.This being said, I am hoping to spend my spare time (aka nights after work) pursuing my new hobbies ... but where does this leave the blog, you might ask? I have thoroughly enjoyed blogging about things that cross my path - anything from decorating to food and have been honored to have collected a modest audience. However, I now plan to blog more about my life and design process: the path to my wedding day ("wedding wednesday"), the trials and tribulations of a young letterpress printer, my struggling etsy shop, a convergence of my darling perspective photography blog, and so much more.
So I hope you will sit tight and bear with me as I figure out my place in the blogosphere :)[images are from a collection of my photos entitled "looking up"]
I would appreciate any comments you may have about my thoughts..good or bad :)

10 comments:

please sir said...

Excited to see your new process - good luck!

Anonymous said...

being one who's switched my "bloggy focus" at least 3 times in the past 2 years, I fully support your adaptation of your space to your needs. :) and am happy to hear more about your processes and developments.

Anonymous said...

Go for it. Especially the fiddle part. ;) You're so creative and inspired. Can't wait to see where it takes you.

Anonymous said...

i definitely sympathize. some days i'm really into it and some days i just want to read other people's blogs. but i do hope that you keep blogging in some form or another because i would really miss your blog!

Anonymous said...

I think that all of these changes sound wonderful. Good luck and I can't wait to see what you have in store.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me. You are super talented and I would love to see your work and here about your process. I'll still be reading:)

karla nicole said...

good luck! i'm looking forward to hearing about your changes! your blog is definitely a bright spot during my work day :)

how is dexter doing? my little missy is getting grey hair!

JA said...

I am bit late arriving to the ball, but you should do what you feel inspired to do. Just let us know where best to keep up with you!

Thank you.

Karen said...

Hurray for the violin!! You're such a gracious blogger. I tend to leave my public in limbo for weeks at a time!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

Hi! Just found you (and bookmarked you)! Love your blog, esp this post. The photos are gorgeous and I love the entire "tone". Good luck on the violin lessons!