Monday, October 13, 2008

Bridal Luncheon

I had my bridesmaids and the immediate women in my family over for a bridal luncheon the Friday before the wedding. I set up everything on my mom's screened-in back porch and thankfully the weather was beautiful. I am a little proud of this luncheon because it is what one might call "entertaining on a dime."
I had one table and was able to borrow the other from my father-in-law, so no cost there. The chairs - I rented from a local company for $1.25/each. My white tablecloths were purchased from HomeGoods at $7.99 a piece. We were very lucky with the glass china - the week of the wedding a local thrift shop had a 72-piece set of plates and dessert glasses...each piece costing a whopping $0.50.I found these great doillie placemats from Urban Outfitters that I just lined up in the center of the table as a runner, I believe these were $1.25 each. Also from Urban Outfitters were the hanging stars which I found on sale at $2.00 each. I purchased the flower vases from "The One Spot" at Target for $1.00...and the flowers were free! They were handpicked from my Grandmother's garden. My mom put her sewing skills to use again and edged cheap white cotton fabric to make napkins and I tied them up with a piece of natural raffia. Last but not least, the candleholders were buy one get one free from Kohl's at $7.99 each.
As far as the food...I had my lovely and talented Aunt cater the event. A few home-cooked dishes, grilled cheese, fruit, etc...and it turned out to be a perfect luncheon :-)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Verrrrrry well done!

LOVE the pics!

Anonymous said...

I love this! I'll definitely be bookmarking this for when it's time to plan my bridal luncheon. You thought of everything!
And congrats :)